About Me

My photo
This southern girl became a mom in 2004 when I met my husband. He came equipt with two children from a previous marriage. I considered that my "introduction" to parenting. Little did I know that a year later I would become a mother to my first daughter and not long after that I had my second. My life is about overwhelming love that I can't explain, worry, craziness and moments that I hope I can keep pictured in my memory. I want to be able to share what my life is as a mother, daughter and a "real housewife". All aspects of what goes on in a daily life. After having my two children, I took up photography as a hobby that later turned into something bigger. I wanted to be able to capture all the important moments in our lives and I have been able to share that with so many others. Several weddings, senior pictures, engagements and birthdays later. I still enjoy walking around with my camera and looking at things through a different view.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My DIY canvas picture

Today I did my first attempt to transfer a image to a canvas. 

I am on a Pinterest kick right now and I am on there getting as many ideas as I can think of.  Being on a budget makes it hard to do some of the things I want to do.  I pin the idea in hopes that one day I will either have the money, time or the want to do them.  TODAY I decided to just do it. 

It was my first attempt to put picture to canvas.  I have always loved the way it looks.  I look up how to do it all them time.  I dont know why.  It isnt like it is goin to get any easier or any cheaper.  To be honest it isnt that hard or that expensive.  Well not the way I do it at least. 

1. I went to Office Depot and printed my picture on a regular piece of paper.  It helps that I wanted it black and white. It only cost me $.11....YES, I said 11 cents. I could of did it with a regular picture, I didnt want to waste money or a perfectly good picture. 

2. Went to Hobby Lobby and they had 2 count pack of canvas for $5.99 for an 11x14. 

3. Went home and found some regular school glue and made my own modge podge.  All it is, is equal parts water to glue.

4. Applied liquid to the canvas and then carefully placed the picture on top.  Let it dry alittle and then applied the liquid to the picture on top.  Let it dry completely and it looks great.  There are a few things I want to do to it and make it look alittle different.  So far.  I LOVE IT!

It hardly cost me anything to make.  Cant wait to share the picture.  Cant wait to put it on my wall.

EXCITED!



Here is the result after 2 coats of modge podge on the top of the picture.  I still want to put something on the edges to spice it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment