About Me

My photo
This southern girl became a mom in 2004 when I met my husband. He came equipt with two children from a previous marriage. I considered that my "introduction" to parenting. Little did I know that a year later I would become a mother to my first daughter and not long after that I had my second. My life is about overwhelming love that I can't explain, worry, craziness and moments that I hope I can keep pictured in my memory. I want to be able to share what my life is as a mother, daughter and a "real housewife". All aspects of what goes on in a daily life. After having my two children, I took up photography as a hobby that later turned into something bigger. I wanted to be able to capture all the important moments in our lives and I have been able to share that with so many others. Several weddings, senior pictures, engagements and birthdays later. I still enjoy walking around with my camera and looking at things through a different view.

Monday, September 10, 2012

I met a homeless man today.

Today was a pretty good day.  There are some good people still out there. 

I used to think I was the only one that still cared about those people that have next to nothing.  I am almost one of those people.  I have been so blessed today.  So many good things have happend and today I felt wonderful.

I met a homeless man today.  He knocked on my window and asked if I had a few dollars to spare.  All I had was $2.00.  I gave it to him and he asked to see my eyes so he could remember the face of the person he will pray for tonight.  He told me that he has been fighting money issues for the last 3 years and this year has been the worst.  This was his first year to be actually homeless.  He said that he knows there are people that have it worst off then him.  He seemed so grateful.  It was nice that he shared his story with me.  I like listening to people.  I know I will probably never see him again.  I will always remember him.  He shook my hand and told me GOD bless and went inside the resturant.  I hope I helped him out today. 

My mom's church has a man that is a recovering alcoholic.  He is a professional pipe fitter and is looking for work.  He has been able to find a job yet.  He came to my house today and fixed my broken gas line.  He got here at 9:00 am and was done by 12:15 pm.  He told my mom that if I would let him have all the scrap metal that he finds...we can call it equal.  No money exchange. He found more then I thought we had.  He said I was doing him a favor but really he was doing me a favor twice over.  He fixed my line and bascially is cleaning my yard and hauling off junk. He said he should get about $80.  I told him to keep up with how much he got because I wanted to make sure he got a fair amout of money for the work he did today.  My mom gave him $20 but he told her he would rather her take him to the grocery store and let him get $20 groceries.  So she brought him and then bought him so lunch.

I got a call today.  From my youngest daughter's teacher.  She left a message saying that she really enjoys her in the class room. She said she is so intellegent and well mannered.  That makes me feel very good and I know that all the work I have done for my kids to have respect has paid off.

I have had so many good things happen to me today I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment