About Me

My photo
This southern girl became a mom in 2004 when I met my husband. He came equipt with two children from a previous marriage. I considered that my "introduction" to parenting. Little did I know that a year later I would become a mother to my first daughter and not long after that I had my second. My life is about overwhelming love that I can't explain, worry, craziness and moments that I hope I can keep pictured in my memory. I want to be able to share what my life is as a mother, daughter and a "real housewife". All aspects of what goes on in a daily life. After having my two children, I took up photography as a hobby that later turned into something bigger. I wanted to be able to capture all the important moments in our lives and I have been able to share that with so many others. Several weddings, senior pictures, engagements and birthdays later. I still enjoy walking around with my camera and looking at things through a different view.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Real Housewives of Life

When I had cable, Dish or Direct tv I loved watching all the reality shows.  I really don't know why.  I don't think it is much "real"ity to it.  I still watched it though, I was fully entertained I must say.  I mean really...someone needs to name these shows according to what they really are. 

VH1 - It isn't Basketball Wives, it should be Basketball Ex-wives.  Most of the women are divorced from the players.  Or it can be called Wanna-Be Sports Wives. For all the women that are just girlfriends for their entire lives. Yes there are some of the couples that are married and have really worked at the relationship.  I think keeping the shows name takes away from these people's hard work.  I think that the show Mob Wives is more realistic.  You know why some of those women are were they are and why.  I wouldn't think they would be so open to discuss that they were in this lifestyle though.

The Real Housewives of what?  These women are not real housewives.  I live in reality.  It is called bills, job, and worries.  I don't have a nanny taking care of my children when they need to be fed.  I get up and cook it myself.  My house isn't even a forth of the size of their bathroom. We go shopping at Wal-mart and hope we can get our clothes and groceries all at the same place while getting our oil changed.  Want to go out for a girls night out?  Find a babysitter that you trust and you dont have to break the bank. We don't have tutors that we pay for.  We have to hope that our 2nd graders don't pass up our own educational status just so we can help them do the homework given.  I have worked with my two girls since before they started school to help them with their education and self esteem.  My positive influence for them is to have a self confidence in theirselves to be self motivated and no that there isnt anyone that should ever make them feel like they are nothing other then the best "they" can be.  I don't want them thinking that they can only find happiness in material things.  My girls feel accomplished with the grades they have and relationships they have started with family and friends.  We struggle with everyday lives that money can't fix.  The Real Housewives live in a very fantasy world and it makes me wonder if they could even survive a moment in "real" world. They get to stay at home with their kids...it get to also but believe me, I sure don't get to go shopping and drinking wine all the time. I am not saying they don't have problems.   I just don't think it is a "real" housewives-kinda-life.  Let's rename them The "Not-So-Real Housewives"  or The Rich Wives.  I think that suits things better.

If I won the lottery...would I turn out like these women?  If anyone wants to do a lifelong experiment on my family to find out,  I would gladly give them a weekly report.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment