About Me

My photo
This southern girl became a mom in 2004 when I met my husband. He came equipt with two children from a previous marriage. I considered that my "introduction" to parenting. Little did I know that a year later I would become a mother to my first daughter and not long after that I had my second. My life is about overwhelming love that I can't explain, worry, craziness and moments that I hope I can keep pictured in my memory. I want to be able to share what my life is as a mother, daughter and a "real housewife". All aspects of what goes on in a daily life. After having my two children, I took up photography as a hobby that later turned into something bigger. I wanted to be able to capture all the important moments in our lives and I have been able to share that with so many others. Several weddings, senior pictures, engagements and birthdays later. I still enjoy walking around with my camera and looking at things through a different view.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

An exciting phone call....

Yesterday I recieved a phone call from a former co-worker/employer.  I had a lot to debate in my brain. It has been seven years since I worked.

I have been really pounding out and sending my resume to like everyone.  I have been sending out my resume so much that I forget who I sent it to, who I have signed up with and I forget all the different web sites that I have visited.   My ex employer, which we will name Mr. W.,  told me that there is a lengthly job goin on at his place of work.  His boss asked him if he knew of anyone that he trust to come and work contract and would be able to pick up on this job pretty quickly.  Mr. W said that my name came to mind. 

VERY flattered to this compliment, I listened to what he had to say in his offer.  He told me that it is dealing with the records inventory side of the business.  I am not a big fan of doing records management but at this point I am thinking...HEY, it's a job!.  I am not promised this job by any means.  I had to update my resume for that particular side of the corporate field. He has to present my resume to his boss and we would go from there.  Now, I havent heard from him today but I know this family well.  I probably wont hear from him for a couple days or in the upward times of 2 weeks.   If it is going to happen, I just have to believe....it will happen.

There are a few things that made me really consider going back to working with Mr.W.

One: I have only had a handful of job interviews and for me to be sought out was a big boost of esteem.

Two: I have worked doing this job before and I am very comfortable about doing it.  Might not like it, but I am good at it.

Three: The icing on the cake here.  Minimal wage here in Texas is $7.25 an hour.  If I do contract work for this company.  My pay range is from $18.50 to $21.00 an hour.  I dont know about you, me...that sounds pretty conviencing.  Just saying.

I am goin to hope for the best, expect the worst and stick out until I cant stick it out anymore.  Wish me luck!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment