About Me

My photo
This southern girl became a mom in 2004 when I met my husband. He came equipt with two children from a previous marriage. I considered that my "introduction" to parenting. Little did I know that a year later I would become a mother to my first daughter and not long after that I had my second. My life is about overwhelming love that I can't explain, worry, craziness and moments that I hope I can keep pictured in my memory. I want to be able to share what my life is as a mother, daughter and a "real housewife". All aspects of what goes on in a daily life. After having my two children, I took up photography as a hobby that later turned into something bigger. I wanted to be able to capture all the important moments in our lives and I have been able to share that with so many others. Several weddings, senior pictures, engagements and birthdays later. I still enjoy walking around with my camera and looking at things through a different view.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Surprise gifts

How is it that something so little can mean so much.  My brother is in the army and he is stationed in Japan.  We talk to each other almost everyday.  There is a 18 year difference between he and I.  We dont really talk about our problems to much, we mainly talk about things that will get our mind off of our problems.  Makes it nice to forget about them sometimes. 

One particular morning we did share some stories of things that irriate us.  I told him that I never get invited to a party or baby shower as a guest anymore.  I am now always subtly asked for me to bring my camera.  In turn it ends up that I give a gift and I take the pictures of the party and hand them over the photos. I never get to be involved in any games and THANK GOD I an never in any of the pictures.  That is besides the point.  I also never get to just go visit at someones house because they send me a text asking if I can bring my scissors so I can cut thier hair.  (ex salon worker here)  I dont mind doing this for the most part, money would be a nice donation sometimes. 

My brother, since the age of 12, has been working on computers and is very knowledged in this field.  Mostly self taught.  Guess how his conversations go.  Most of the time it is "how are you doing, can you fix my computer?"  It is somewhat annoying. 

Well I let my brother in on my situation at home.  Telling how it seems like a never ending fight to keep up with life.  I was just venting.  I called the garbage company to have them start service for me for the following day.   When I gave her my address, she then told me that I had service already starting for the next day.  I asked her who it was that came in.  She just gave me a name.   Well this morning while talking to my brother we had the conversation about this ordeal.  I was telling him how I hate that people try and fix my problem and I wish I knew who did it.  Telling him I thought it was probably my mom and I was goin to tell her to stop spending money she didnt have;  he told me not to confront her.   He didnt want me to be mad at her for helping because it wasnt her that did it, it was him. 

I love my brother.  I told him this morning that I dont tell him my problems because he tries and fixes it.  I told him thank you and I said that we are not his family to fix.  I love surprise gifts, just wish I didnt have to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment