About Me

My photo
This southern girl became a mom in 2004 when I met my husband. He came equipt with two children from a previous marriage. I considered that my "introduction" to parenting. Little did I know that a year later I would become a mother to my first daughter and not long after that I had my second. My life is about overwhelming love that I can't explain, worry, craziness and moments that I hope I can keep pictured in my memory. I want to be able to share what my life is as a mother, daughter and a "real housewife". All aspects of what goes on in a daily life. After having my two children, I took up photography as a hobby that later turned into something bigger. I wanted to be able to capture all the important moments in our lives and I have been able to share that with so many others. Several weddings, senior pictures, engagements and birthdays later. I still enjoy walking around with my camera and looking at things through a different view.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Keeping marriage life alive along with being a mom.

I think that we have a tendency to forget who we were before we got married and had children. It isnt that we change, it is more like we get lost in being a mom and a wife. We are still intersted in most of the same things that we were before. We have just broaden our interested and see things in a whole different way.

My husband and I have been together for over 7 years and our relationship has gone up and down just like everyone else. I try to keep an open line of communication. Sometimes we dont want to hear what we are doing wrong to listen though. I know what alot of my faults are but that doesnt mean I want someone to point them out. I guess that is why when I told my husband the reason I wasnt happy, he didnt want to listen. I probably sat outside for awhole 2 weeks and sorted things in my head and finally figured out what I needed from my husband to make me happy. It was simple. I didnt want to be "mom" in "our" relationship. I know it sounds crazy. We stopped being romantic. Every morning I get a kiss goodbye and every evening when he gets home I get a kiss hello. That is it though, just a kiss. I want a KISS. I dont want something to is casual. I dont want the same kinda kiss you give the kids. I want to feel the love off his lips.

When we are in a romantic relationship I want to not be called "mom". That is the biggest alcholo swab on a cut. Totally doesnt feel romantic. I told my husband that I wanted it to be less of a job and more like we are enjoying each other's time again. We get so caught up in life. We get so tired of just everyday that we forget what made us love each other to begin with.

My husband and I dont argue much. I have learned that I can keep my ground with out being disrespectful. I have learned to keep my voice and my opionion. I have learned that maintaining my self as an individual has helped keep my marriage romance. It is still a work in progress. That is the deal, it is in progress and regress. I love my life as a mom and as a wife and I dont have to put myself away on a shelf and forget who I am. It is a juggling act that many of us cant keep up with. I hope that I dont drop the ball on any of them. If I do; I will just bend down, pick it up and start over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment